Variable Range and DataTypeIds.ImagePNG

Questions regarding the use of the .NET SDK 2.0 for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdknet

lionel

Variable Range and DataTypeIds.ImagePNG

Post by lionel »

Hello,

I have two questions :

1) I use different DataType variable ( INT16, FLOAT, STRING, ...) and i want to define a range for each Variable.
I saw that there is a property "EURange" but I can not find it among the variable attribute (such as: DataType, AccessLevel ...).
How can i set this Range or just get this Range? Have you some example code?

2) I would like to use the images in OPC-UA. But I do not know how. I saw that there are DataTypeIds ImagePNG or ImageJPG.
How you used it? Have you some example code?

Do you have any documentation on the points above? For I have found nothing.

Tanks very much for your answers

Support Team

Re: Variable Range and DataTypeIds.ImagePNG

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

EURange is a property defined at AnalogItemType. Please have a look at the documentation for the differentiation between attributes and properties.

If you want to use Image DataTypes, the value of the Variable has to contain the content of the image as byte[]. Depending on your use case you can store the content in the value of the Variable statically or you can set the NodeHandlyType of the Variable to ExternalPolled or ExternalPushed and return the content in the Read method of you NodeManager.
The DemoServer contains static Images and a dynamic Image with the NodeHandlyType set to ExternalPushed.

Best regards
Support Team