Diagnostic information that requested in service

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

j.zhou.5q

Diagnostic information that requested in service

Post by j.zhou.5q »

Hi,

I have some questions about diagnostic information. Please teach me.
For example, I deal with read service.

1. There are two level in requests. I think the service level requesting information can be set with UaStatus::setDiagnosticInfo().
But the operation level requesting information just can be set with IOManagerCallback::finishRead().
If I develop in toolkit level, I should not touch IOManagerCallback::finishRead().
So how can I return the operation level requesting information?

2. If client does not need dianostic information in request, server need not return the diagnostic information.
How can application know whether client requests the diagnotic information or not?(Which method in SDK should I use?)

I am looking forward your answer. Thank you!

Best Regards,
James

Support Team

Re: Diagnostic information that requested in service

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

If you want to have full access to diagnostic information you must implement your NodeManager / IOManager on SDK level.
The client requested diagnostic information mask is passed to all SDK interface methods through the ServiceContext parameter (ServiceContext::returnDiagnostics()) e.g. NodeManager::browse() or IOManager::beginTransaction().

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team

j.zhou.5q

Re: Diagnostic information that requested in service

Post by j.zhou.5q »

Hi,

Thank you very much! I got it.

Best Regards,
James
Support Team wrote:Hi,

If you want to have full access to diagnostic information you must implement your NodeManager / IOManager on SDK level.
The client requested diagnostic information mask is passed to all SDK interface methods through the ServiceContext parameter (ServiceContext::returnDiagnostics()) e.g. NodeManager::browse() or IOManager::beginTransaction().

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team