the "Base Info Server Capabilities" ConformanceUnit

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

j.zhou.5q

the "Base Info Server Capabilities" ConformanceUnit

Post by j.zhou.5q »

Hi,

I wonder what should we(developers) do for the "Base Info Server Capabilities" ConformanceUnit.
I can easily config for "MaxArrayLength, MaxStringLength".
But what should we(developers) do to deal with "MaxNodePerRead, MaxNodesPerWrite, MaxNodesPerSubscription and MaxNodesPerBrowse"?
They are in Server->ServerCapabilities->OperationLimits, that are "MaxNodesPerRead, MaxNodesPerWrite, MaxMonitoredItemsPerCall and MaxNodesPerBrowse" .
I have no idea to config them.

I am looking forward your answer. Thank you!

Best Regards,
James

Support Team

Re: the "Base Info Server Capabilities" ConformanceUnit

Post by Support Team »

James,

those values reflect the operational limits of your application, you should fill them with useful values, depending on the size of you hardware resources, memory or any performance limitting factors in order to protect your system (and maybe other applications running on that box).

Some good approach would be: put the numbers in that you have tested your system with, and for which you guarantee seemless operation, or put numbers from a worst case scenario.
E.g. on an embedded box with 1Mb memory and a serial underlying data connection the MaxNodesPerRead might be different than on an PC with 8Gb Ram getting the data directly from the internal memory.

Best Regards
Support Team

j.zhou.5q

Post by j.zhou.5q »

Hi Support Team,

I regreted not to make the question clear enoughly. But thank you all the same.
Let me ask more clearly.

I can config for "MaxArrayLength, MaxStringLength" by setting the element <MaxArrayLength> and <MaxStringLength> in configuration file.
But I can't find the elements for configing "MaxNodePerRead, MaxNodesPerWrite, MaxNodesPerSubscription and MaxNodesPerBrowse".
Would you give me some advice?

Best Regards,
James
Support Team wrote:James,

those values reflect the operational limits of your application, you should fill them with useful values, depending on the size of you hardware resources, memory or any performance limitting factors in order to protect your system (and maybe other applications running on that box).

Some good approach would be: put the numbers in that you have tested your system with, and for which you guarantee seemless operation, or put numbers from a worst case scenario.
E.g. on an embedded box with 1Mb memory and a serial underlying data connection the MaxNodesPerRead might be different than on an PC with 8Gb Ram getting the data directly from the internal memory.

Best Regards
Support Team

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

From an SDK point of view, these other settings are just influenced by MaxArrayLength. Therefore the MaxArrayLength is used also for the service related max information like MaxNodePerRead. If you want to reduce the max settings for these values further, you can set the related property values internally with your limitations. The properties are read only for OPC UA clients but you can change the values internally in the server.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team

j.zhou.5q

Post by j.zhou.5q »

Hi Support Team,

Thank you very much! I got it.

Best Regards,
James
Support Team wrote:Hi,

From an SDK point of view, these other settings are just influenced by MaxArrayLength. Therefore the MaxArrayLength is used also for the service related max information like MaxNodePerRead. If you want to reduce the max settings for these values further, you can set the related property values internally with your limitations. The properties are read only for OPC UA clients but you can change the values internally in the server.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team