[SOLVED] UaString Constructor with UaUShort* ... Linker Error

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

falko.wiese

[SOLVED] UaString Constructor with UaUShort* ... Linker Error

Post by falko.wiese »

Hi guys,
I have a VS 2010 project where I can use the UaString(const UaUShort*) constructor as follows:

TCHAR* s;
UaString str = UaString(s);

The code above compiles in that project. Now I created a new (Qt) project with the Qt VS 2010 plugin. All works perfectly, but the mentioned constructor calls. I get always a linker error LNK2019 for an unresolved external symbol. If I comment all the explicit (and implicit, for sure) UaString(const UaUShort*) constructor calls, it compiles perfectly. I compared the referenced libs for both projects, but canot find interesting difference. But I'm sure, there I've to search the reason for my issue. In both projects I referenced the same (IMHO) external UA related libs ...

uastackd.lib
uabased.lib
uapkid.lib
uamoduled.lib
coremoduled.lib
xmlparserd.lib
libeay32d.lib
libxml2d.lib
ws2_32.lib
rpcrt4.lib
crypt32.lib

Maybe you guys have an idea, what I missed.

Thanks in advance,
Falko.

Support Team

Re:UaString Constructor with UaUShort* ... Linker Error

Post by Support Team »

The Ua Libraries are build with the default setting "Treat WChar_t As Built in Type" (the /Zc:wchar_t compiler switch).
When you create a VS Qt project that compiler switch is set off by default. So just turn on that switch in your Qt project and it will work.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

falko.wiese

Re:UaString Constructor with UaUShort* ... Linker Error

Post by falko.wiese »

Thank you guys! (y)