Server Test Application available?

Questions regarding the use of the Java SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkjava

akorol

Server Test Application available?

Post by akorol »

Hi there!

In the forum of the opcfoundation I read about a server test application. My server is built on your Java SDK 1.2.3 and it would be nice to have such test application to verify quality and correctness of my implementation.

Is there such an application which you offer?

Kind regards,
Andy
Last edited by akorol on 07 Feb 2013, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

Support Team

Re:Server Test Application available?

Post by Support Team »

Hello Andy,

Unified Automation provides the OPC UA client UaExpert. The client can be used to test most of the OPC UA functionality. The tool provides also a performance measurement plugin that can be used to measure performance of different OPC UA services.

But I assume you are referring to the OPC Foundation compliance test tool. This tool is used to verify the correctness of a server implementation and is used for server certification. This tool is very helpful but only available for OPC Foundation corporate members

Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team
Last edited by Support Team on 07 Feb 2013, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards

akorol

Post by akorol »

Ah, ok - probably the guys in the forum meant that compliance test tool. I heard about the costs of getting a corporate membership, so I keep using UaExpert, which is very nice and useful - for sure!

Thanks a lot and kind regards,
Andy

ps: by the way: not that I needed it, but setting the queuesize in monitoring parameters to UnsignedInteger.MAX_VALUE \"failed with error BadInternalError (0x80020000)\" at UaExpert and SampleConsoleClient. Maximum working value is between 2100000000L and 2200000000L. Edit: Looks like Integer.MaxValue ;)
Last edited by akorol on 07 Feb 2013, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello Andy,

I assume you are talking about the JAVA server that is returning BadInternalError?

Based on the latest OPC UA Part 4 specification clarifications, the server should accept any value for SamplingInterval and adjust it to a supported value if needed.

We will have a look at this detail.

Best regards
Last edited by Support Team on 07 Feb 2013, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello Andy,

One update regarding Compliance Test - the SDKs will be tested in all future releases with the Compliance Test Tool since it is now more stable.

The last C++ SDK release version 1.3 was already tested and passed the compliance test.

The new JAVA SDK version 1.3 will also be tested with the compliance test. Passing the test is one of the release criteria.

Best regards,
Best regards