Cannot quite grasp how to use real data in Server

Questions regarding the use of the .NET SDK 2.0 for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdknet

magixen

Cannot quite grasp how to use real data in Server

Post by magixen »

hello everyone, im currently in the processs to learn how to implement a OPC UA Server into my control software. I started by going through the tutorial, but now im kind of stuck on lesson 3/4 where im trying to connect the informationmodel with real data.
based on what i understood from the lessons, you create a deviceinterface which is the interface between the nodemanager and my controlsoftware. what i dont understand is how to map a node to the desired variable/method of my software.

the example just traverses through all nodes and if the name of the node equals some criteria it gets updated/read. this seems really impractical for larger projects with tons of of nodes.
lets say i have two Temperaturesensors, which are 2 objects of the same type in the informationmodel and in my software they are two instances of the same class. how do i decide which temperaturrsensor is read? is there really no other ways except traversing and comparing all nodes and deciding based of the description of the node?

isnt there a more userfriendly way to map nodes to properties/methods? for example creating a deviceinterface which holds objectinstances of the nodes. A c#-objectoriented reprenstation of the nodes is already provided by uamodeler. i would then extend them with the necessary logic.

maybe im just missing some points and making it way harder than it really is. i hope someone could enlighten me.

sincerely