Disable auto connection to servers and search functionality

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

Vladi

Disable auto connection to servers and search functionality

Post by Vladi »

Hello experts,

I would be glad to get to know about these 2 following questions:
1) I created a lot of different servers and some of them are mostly down. So when I start UaExperts, it tries to connect to these servers and not responding for around 3-5 minutes. Is it possible to disable auto connection?
2) While working with some specific server and complicated logic, it's really hard to find anything inside "Adress Space", but so far I didn't find any search functionality. Does it exists at all? if not, then is it planned to implement in the future?

- Many thanks for your answers and attention.
with best regards.

Support Team

Re: Disable auto connection to servers and search functional

Post by Support Team »

Hello Vladi,

1)
This issue will be addressed in the next bugfix release of UaExpert which will be released in Q1 / 2019. Until then you can work around the issue by saving the project when all servers are disconnected, then UaExpert will not try to connect to them when loading the project.

2)
There is no search functionality in the address space view. You can manually specify a NodeId using the +-button in the Attributes view, after that using the green circle button you can let UaExpert search for the node in the address space view. This only works for servers that provide inverse references.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team