Query Service - is the supported in the binary SDK v 1.4.3?

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

Yorwick

Query Service - is the supported in the binary SDK v 1.4.3?

Post by Yorwick »

Hello,

I am currently investigating how to implement Query support in our OPC UA Server, based on the binary SDK version 1.4.3. I have found some instructions on how to do this on a much older SDK version (1.2.x - https://forum.unified-automation.com/topic50.html). I understand that the SDK patch provided on that thread was integrated in the 1.3.x version of the SDK, so SDK recompilation is no longer required. But I cannot find some of the header files needed to compile the user-defined code (uaserver.h, uatransactionmanager.h) in the include folder in my SDK installation.

So my question is this: is it possible to implement Query support with the binary SDK version?

Thanks

Support Team

Re: Query Service - is the supported in the binary SDK v 1.4

Post by Support Team »

Hello Yorwick,

you don't need to recompile the SDK. You just subclass the TransactionManager as described in the Step by Step guide in the post you mentioned above.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

Yorwick

Post by Yorwick »

Hello,

That's OK. But the header files for TransactionManager and UaServer classes are not supplied with the binary SDK distribution. Is there any way of getting at them other than by getting the source SDK?

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello Yorwick,

please contact support by using the support form on the website to get those files.
https://www.unified-automation.com/support.html
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team