Android app using Linux C++ SDK

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

vipul212

Android app using Linux C++ SDK

Post by vipul212 »

Hello,

I am using the Linux based C++ SDK from UAExpert for making a small OPC UA client and now i want to port it on Android platform to create an app. I found that its possible to use native C,C++ code on Android. Before i go ahead with this project i want to ask if the SDK src client code and the prebuilt libs are compatible with Android?

Specifically the part where the Android phone coneects to the server. Will i have to manually create sockets on android for such connections or will the sockets created by the socket will be used by the android?

Which SDK is used for the android App from UAExpert?

Thanks,
Vipul

Support Team

Re: Android app using Linux C++ SDK

Post by Support Team »

Hi Vipul,

The UaExpert Mobile is using the C++ Client SDK with the regular Linux plattform layer together with Qt.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team

vipul212

Post by vipul212 »

Hi, thanks for the answer.

So i tried to include the built libraries present in the lib folder but android studio showed me linker error that some symbols from libuabase.a cannot be read, file not in correct format. So, i had to compile the client side sources again for generating a shared lib. That worked and i finally made the app work. But its a long process to compile the large amount of source files again.

So my question is there a way to reuse the built libs or any specific linker flag/option i need to set in the android studio using which the libs were originally created. I must mention i am not using pki, xml parser or Qt.

thanks and regards,
Vipul

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi Vipul,

You must compile the SDK for the target platform anyhow. This is why provide source SDKs. Not sure if you can use shared libraries or statically linked libraries in your environment. But from the SDK point of view there is no difference on how you compile and use the SDK.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Tea