Development flow

Questions regarding the use of the ANSI C SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkc

praveen

Development flow

Post by praveen »

Hello everybody,

I am following the ANSI C SDK tutorials. I was able to set up the development environment in windows quite easily (VS & Eclipse).
I am new to the Linux OS and could anybody point me to the right documents to get it started ?

To be precise : I am getting errors while using Cmake and make commands.

Thanks in advance,

Support Team

Re: Development flow

Post by Support Team »

Dear praveen,

there is a "CMake Troubleshooting" that describes solutions to common problems when using CMake with our ANSI C or C++ SDK, in our download section (https://www.unified-automation.com/down ... ation.html).
Also there are script files called "buildExamples.sh" and "buildSdk.sh" (only in source versions) in our SDKs to build it with cmake.

Best Regards
Support Team

praveen

Post by praveen »

Thank you for your reply, I have seen the troubleshooting document couldn't be of great help.
I am trying out the evaluation version, and when I run ./buildexamples.sh I get the following errors.

Could NOT find OpenSSL, try to set the path to OpenSSL root folder in the system variable OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR (missing: OPENSSL_LIBRARIES OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR)

I have tried setting a system PATH it doesn't seem to work.

Could you please suggest something,
Thanks in advance,

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Dear praveen,

to "solve" this, you have to install the development tools of OpenSSL (or used third-party in general). To do so, just use your package manager and install the missing files e.g.: apt-get install openssl-dev.

Best Regards
Support Team

praveen

Post by praveen »

Thanks for the reply,

I have installed all third party software and the problem still exists. I think its a problem related to cmake. I have seen same problem here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1624 ... nd-openssl
None of the solutions seem to work. Anyways thank you for your support.

Regards,
Praveen

praveen

Post by praveen »

Hi,
I found the solution, the problem was I had installed openssl from repository. Instead I just used sources from openssl.
It works like a charm.

Thanks,
Praveen