UaExpertMobile for Android 6/7?

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

ctgarvey

UaExpertMobile for Android 6/7?

Post by ctgarvey »

Hello FOlks,
any plan to update uaexpert mobile for Android 6/7?

I tried to run UaExpertMobile on Android6 and it appeared to crash ;It starts to connect to the server , recognising the private ip address of the server, but then freezes. This is on android 6.0.1 (MotoG4).
Is there any plan to update this great little tool for the latest versions of Android?

thanks
C
ctgarvey

Support Team

Re: UaExpertMobile for Android 6/7?

Post by Support Team »

Hello ctgarvey,

the latest version 1.1.0 of UaExpert mobile was tested successfully on a Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 7.0.

There is one known issue: when calling FindServers on an IP address (by pressing '+' in 'General Settings -> Servers'), the server might return DiscoveryURLs containing a hostname. If the currently connected network doesn't offer DNS for resolving the hostname, the GetEndpoints call on those DiscoveryURLs will fail. The default timeout for this operation is 5000ms and can be changed in the 'General' settings.

In this and any other error case you would see an orange notification popup at the bottom of your screen, did you maybe overlook that? If not, you can increase the trace level in the 'General' settings and try again to see if the 'Trace' tab in the settings section shows any hints about the error.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

bdanzer

Re: UaExpertMobile for Android 6/7?

Post by bdanzer »

Hi,

I experience the same when I try to connect to the two predefined servers. It sometimes crashes and sometime I get the timeout. If I type in a valid OPC UA server address everything works fine. The OPC UA Server @demo.ascolab.com seems to be down. Android 6.0.1

BR