Expose OPC UA Tags using UAGateway

Questions regarding installing, running and configuring UaGateway.

Moderator: uagateway

jxu2018

Expose OPC UA Tags using UAGateway

Post by jxu2018 »

hello:

I have a need to expose OPC UA Tags using UAGateway so that my old client application which support OPC DA/HA can talk to the new OPC UA server through the UAGateway. Is this possible using UAGateway. How should implement this?

Thanks.

jian xu

Support Team

Re: Expose OPC UA Tags using UAGateway

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

the UaGateway will work in both directions. You could configure a connection from UaGateway to your underlying UA Server. All the Data of that UA Server will be exposed in the COM DA Server (ProcID="UnifiedAutomation.UaGateway.1"). Same applies for the HDA.

The recommendation is that you install the UaGateway on the box where the COM DA Client is running (local COM conneciton) and that you use OPC UA over the wire to connect your underlying UA Server, because UA is more secure and more easy to configure for remote connections.

Best Regards
Support Team
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

jxu2018

Post by jxu2018 »

hello:

Thank you very much. I have tested the UAGateway with our OPC UA server. The "UnifiedAutomation.UaGateway.1" is working perfectly. However, I am not able to connect to "UnifiedAutomation.UaGateway.HDA" . It throws some connections errors.

I want to buy a licence for UAGateway. I want it to support DA, A&E, HDA and other functions. Please give me a price quote. Our company has already purchased the OPC UA bunlde SDK license.

Thanks.

jian xu

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello jian xu,

please contact sales@unifiedautomation.com for price quotes and license specific questions.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team