ConditionType not found

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

sebastien_a

ConditionType not found

Post by sebastien_a »

Hi Unified Automation team,

If I browse the lesson 5 adressSpace, I can't find the "ConditionType" under "BaseEventType".
But if I browse the lesson 6 adressSpace, I find the "ConditionType" (see attached picture)

Why can't I find this type in lesson 5? because "ConditionType" is an OPC Foundation type...
Could you maybe explain how to activate this type because I didn't found the right way to do this in lesson 6.

Best Regards

sebastien_a

Re:ConditionType not found

Post by sebastien_a »

[img width=482]http://www.unified-automation.com/image ... on5_61.PNG[/img]

(sorry, I can't upload the picture but the idea is there)

sebastien_a

Post by sebastien_a »

Ok, I found the solution.
You create ConditionType when you initialise the OpcUa::OffNormalAlarmType

I assumed it would be not necessary to instanciate this class because ConditionType is in NamespaceIndex 0 (relative to OPC foundation I assume)

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi Sebastien,

The condition types are only added to the address space if they are used since not every server supports Alarms & Conditions.

The types are created automatically if a condition is used. Super types are created automatically.

If you know that your server will use certain condition types but they are not always present, you can call the static method used to register the event type in the start-up code of your server. The method is Base::createTypes() like OffNormalAlarmTypeBase::createTypes()

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team