UaGateway DA -> UA Items Blacklist

Questions regarding installing, running and configuring UaGateway.

Moderator: uagateway

brudert

UaGateway DA -> UA Items Blacklist

Post by brudert »

Hello,

we connect a DA Server via UaGateway to UA Clients.
Is it possible to hide specific DA Items at the UA side? Like a blacklist - or better - a mapping?
And further is it possible to depend the mapping on users, connecting to UaGateway?
For example an Admin user sees every item/node and there again an operator user just sees items which are necessary for its work.

Best Regards.

brudert

Re: UaGateway DA -> UA Items Blacklist

Post by brudert »

I now looked in the uagateway.config.xml file.
I found the entries for TagFileModule. What's this for? It looks like this what I'm looking for.
But i don't find anything about this in the online reference documentation.
Where can i find the documentation for this config file?

Support Team

Re: UaGateway DA -> UA Items Blacklist

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

the UaGateway is a "transparent" Wrapper, it maps the AddressSpace of the underlying Servers 1:1 into it's own InformationModel. In fact every underlying connection gets a separate namespace within the UaGateway information model. However, the UaGateway does not "copy" the items, it is just a transparent mapping. Each "browse" on the UA side is routed through UaGateway and ends up in a "browse" on the DA side.

There is no way to hide certain items from the underlying system, everything that is available (browsable) in the underlying DA Server is also available in the UA Server of the wrapper.

The config.XML file is an *internal* configuration file of the UaGateway, and it is undocumented for a reason. You should not modify any settings here manually, because you may end up in some inconsistent configuration that leads to unexpected behavior of the UaGateway. Instead you should use the "AdministrationTool" (GUI) comming with the UaGateway setup.

The TagFileModule is not available for the current version of the UaGateway.

Best Regards
Support Team