No available datapoints over UaGateway

Questions regarding installing, running and configuring UaGateway.

Moderator: uagateway

chsn1

No available datapoints over UaGateway

Post by chsn1 »

Hi,

I have a problem with a little project where I'm trying to get datapoints from an OPC UA server.
The OPC UA server (Loytec LGATE-950) provides datapoints which are accessable with UaExpert. Everything works perfect.

But our other OPC client only talk DA instead of UA, so I need the UaGateway. The connection from UaGateway to the OPC UA server works. In the ConfigurationTool I get a "Connected".
If I try to browse the datapoints over the UaGateway there are no available datapoints.

I studied the documentation and played with the namespaces. Nothing...
I don't know what option I missed. Is there any hint you could give or what information I can provide to help you to help me?

Support Team

Re: No available datapoints over UaGateway

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

this seems to be very odd, as the "connected" state for the connection to the underlying UA Server is all we need to make UA communication work.

To obtain more information please:
1) connect with UAExpert directly to the Loytec UA Server
2) browse down the objects folder and open the underlying subfolders
3) click on (select) the "Objects" folder and check the "Attribute Window" of UaExpert

Post here the screenshot of UaExpert showing the expanded tree of "Address Space" AND the "AttributeWindow" when having the Root-Objects folder selected. We want to see the NodeID of the Objects folder.

Best Regards
Support Team

chsn1

Post by chsn1 »

Hello,

thanks for the fast reply. Here are the screenshots from the UaExpert directly connected to our Loytec OPC UA server.
The datapoint I check there is just a test in order to see frequently changing values. Low cost heartbeat.

The datapoints I need to see are located "BACnet Port >> Datapoints >> Alarme".

The address space below "Loytec ROOT" should be accessable according to the Loytec manual.

chsn1

Post by chsn1 »

Since I cannot add a fourth picture sorry for double posting.

chsn1

Post by chsn1 »

Any advice or hint?

Did you find some time to check my screenshots?

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

the NodeIDs of this Loytec server are questionable. The name space "0" (OPC Foudation) is reseved for NodeIDs that are defined and specified by the OPC Foundation. The numeric ID "16658" for the folder "Alarme" and the "512032" for the "Testdatapoint" should not exist in the namespace "0". In this sense the Loytec UA Server does not comply to the OPC UA specification. You should contact the manufacturer and ask for a "certified" version of this Server.

However, the main question is:
What is the numeric NodeID number of the "Root\Objects\" folder? As written in the first response, click on the "Objects" in the tree and post the sreenshot of the Attribute-Window while "Objects" is selected.

The UaGateway tries to find some specified NodeIDs which a UA Server must have (if it complies with the specification). I assume that this "Objects" folder has the wrong NodeID, and that is the reason why UaGateway can not recognize it.

If you want to see how the Nodes and Namespaces should look like, you should use OUR demo-servers (the ANSIC and the C++ same as the .NET and Java) are all certified by the OPC Foundation and hence prooven to comply to the specification.

Best Regards
Support Team

chsn1

Post by chsn1 »

Here are the screenshots for the missing attributes.

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

Nodes in namespace 0 are not aggregated by the UaGateway. The NodeIds of Root and Objects are like expected but the server specific node 'Loytec ROOT' is in namespace 0. This is a major bug in the OPC UA server. Adding server specific nodes to namespace 0 is not allowed.

Namespace 0 is reserved for nodes defined by the OPC UA specification and are the same in all OPC UA servers. Therefore they are not replicated by UaGateway.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team

chsn1

Post by chsn1 »

Thanks. I will forward this thread to our service provider.

cacamille3

Post by cacamille3 »

Our OPC UA Server have been updated regarding the NamespaceIndex problem.
This will be officially released in our next firmware release :)