history in lesson07 on ubuntu

Questions regarding the use of the ANSI C SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkc

scalfee

history in lesson07 on ubuntu

Post by scalfee »

Hi,

I am having trouble with lesson 7. It may be a uaexpert issue or I may be doing something wrong. All the other lessons worked, after I figured out some of the gui drag and drop quirks.

Now I want to see how history works. When I drag server over the history trend configuration, a + sign occurs. When i release the server object, nothing happens, it does not appear in the configuration. Other drags work, such as drops into the DA view of variables.

I looked at the built server code and it seems to have data logging enabled? where does it log the data in a file? Where is the file? I just looked and it appears to be in sdk/historian/"date" folder. and there is data there. So the question is what gui trick do I need to set the history into configuration.

Thanks, Steve

Support Team

Re: history in lesson07 on ubuntu

Post by Support Team »

Hello Steve,

the drag&drop will let you drop only Nodes that qualify for historic access. Such nodes must have the HistoryReadable Attribute, in order to drop them onto the history view in the UaExpert. So, independent of what icon you may see in the UaExpert, when the Nodes has not set the attribute properly it will not drop.

In the DemoServer we have the datalogging implemented in a very simple example, logging two nodes into a file. This is for demonstration only and you may need to change it to log into a database or whatever you prefere. The logger is typically switched off when starting up the Server in order not to waste space on the hard disk. You can start the logger by calling UA method in order to activate the simulation.

Best Regards
Support Team

scalfee

Post by scalfee »

Thanks for trying to help.

I have not modified the lesson07 in any way. I am using the current uaexpert. I am trying to follow the tutorial instructions. I cannot drop the lesson temperature into the history configuration.

Regards, Steve

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello Steve,

what did the UaExpert log say when you drop the Temperature onto the history view?

Best Regards
Support Team

scalfee

Post by scalfee »

There was nothing in the log. No error box. Just the temperature with the + sign did not get added to the configuration for history.

I am running ubuntu 13.10 in 64 bit mode.

Thanks, Steve

scalfee

Post by scalfee »

OK, more info. I just built and am playing with the c++ sdk (uasdkcppbundle-bin-EVAL-linux32-x86-gcc4.5.1-v1.4.0-258.tar.gz). In it its lesson 7 does present a historical view.

So I guess this must be a bug in uaservercprofessional-bin-EVAL-linux32-x86-gcc4.5.1-v1.3.3-242.tar.gz ? The C server does not run lesson07 successfully with historical view.

scalfee

Post by scalfee »

OK, I was wrong about the log. there is a status when the drop failed:

Added item does not support historizing.
Get stepped property of node 21 failed with status code BadNoMatch.

So maybe the bug is in the setup for lesson07?

Regards, Steve

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello Steve,

it looks like you are using the version 1.3.3 of the SDK?
You can download the newly released version 1.4.0: http://www.unified-automation.com/downl ... pment.html
It is fixed there.

Best regards
Support Team

scalfee

Post by scalfee »

Wow, how often do you update that, I just downloaded it last week.

Anyway I got the new one and built it, and indeed lesson07 now works with history.

Thanks, This issue is resolved.