connecting uaexpert with server_getting_Started

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

dopbs

connecting uaexpert with server_getting_Started

Post by dopbs »

Hi everyone,

I have uaexpert on a windows 10 and I try to connected it in the OPC UA Server from the lesson_01 of the C++ SDK Documentation. My server is located on a Debian VM (Virtual Box).

When I'm trying to connect at this following address : opc.tcp://localhost:48010 I have this error : Could not connect to server : BadHostUnknown.

Do you have any idea? maybe something related to the server_config.xml?

Support Team

Re: connecting uaexpert with server_getting_Started

Post by Support Team »

Hello dopbs,

in the client you need to specify the URL of the endpoint of the UA server you want to connect to.
In your case if UaExpert is runnig on the Win 10 machine and the server is running on Debian in the VM you need to specify the hostname or IP address of the debian guest.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

dopbs

Post by dopbs »

Hello,

I've tried to connect uaexpert to my server using the IP Address I found with an Ifconfig command but it's not working. I've tried with and without the port number : 48010 and I set a port forwarding on my VM (port 80 and 48010). but Uaexpert still return a BadHostUnknown.

otherwise, I also tried to install uaexpert on my debian VM with the *.deb. however I have this following error :
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of uaexpert:
uaexpert depends on libssl1.0.0 (<=1.0.0); however: package libssl1.0.0 is not installed.

But there isn't any such package. I tried to create a symbolic link from libssl.so without any success.

The best thing would be to have uaexpert working on my debian machine.

Thank you

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello dopbs,

this is a network / VM problem you need to solve on your own - I can't help you here.
If you setup your VM network to use NAT you need to forward the port. Use telnet to findout if you can connect at all.
Check the firewall settings in your guest system.

About openSSL:There is a packet called libssl available for any linux distribution.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

bozuh

Post by bozuh »

thanks
Form of the automation is welcomed by all means and structures for the future times. The illustration of the resumeprofessionalwriters reviews is fixed for the values for the humans.

Lafond

Post by Lafond »

Hi

I am working on Win10 and running my UA server on Ubuntu or OpenSuse VMs.
After disabled the firewall in the VM Linux OS and configuring the VM Ethernet in "Bridge" configuration, I am able to run all UnifiedAutomation examples and my own code.

Claude

anacedres

Post by anacedres »

http://toonblastes.aircus.com/ These special blocks can be more practical than the simple boosts they give you in the beginning, especially if you combine them.