Compiling SDK on Windows in Eclipse for Linux

Questions regarding the use of the High Perfomance SDK for Server development

Moderator: uasdkhpc

mmii

Compiling SDK on Windows in Eclipse for Linux

Post by mmii »

Hi,
I have read your documentation, but I am still not sure if I can use your SDKs for evaluation purposes in this way:
  • I want to use (firstly evaluate) the High Performance OPC UA Server SDK, ANSI C SDK or C++ SDK to create an OPC UA server for my embedded applications.
  • Windows will be the development platform and Yocto Linux will be the target platform.
  • I want to cross-compile my applications for an embedded Linux device (INTEL Quark x1020 SoC) using the cross-compiler i586-poky-linux-gcc or i586-poky-linux-g++.
  • I do not want to use cmake or Visual Studio for compiling.
  • I want to use Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers at Windows.
Cross compiling of applications using Eclipse and the cross-compiler works already, but I am not sure:
  • If I can use the SDKs for evaluation purposes for my device?
  • How?
Principally, I need Stack and SDK source code, which I have to compile for my architecture; but it is not a part of the evaluation SDK, right?
Is there an other way which I have overlooked?

Support Team

Re: Compiling SDK on Windows in Eclipse for Linux

Post by Support Team »

Hello mmii,

Technically it is possible to cross-compile from Windows to Linux. But therefor you need the Source SDK. The evaluation version only contains precompiled binaries for the target mentioned in the package filename. So this will not work for Yocto.
However you can evaluate:
* Window + Visual Studio
* Linux (PC) with GCC
* Linux on Raspberry PI and Beagle Bone Black (ARM)

If you have the sources you can generate Makefiles and Eclipse Projects using CMake. Then your use case of using Eclipse will work too.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team