Event / Alarm Condition Message: "No text available (internal errror)"

Questions regarding the use of the .NET SDK 2.0 for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdknet

frizzle

Event / Alarm Condition Message: "No text available (internal errror)"

Post by frizzle »

Hello everyone,
I have the following problem when trying to subscribe to OPC UA Alarms&Conditions (more specific a TwinCAT variable, which is linked to an alarm condition): The event gets recognized by my .NET event handler and every parameter (according to the set filter settings) including severity, eventID etc. is correctly displayed. However the alarm message is just showing "No text available (internal errror)". If I force an Event from The UAExpert fire event function, it works flawlessly though.
Do you guys have an idea of the problems cause? Maybe some permission problem?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

Herbert

Support Team

Re: Event / Alarm Condition Message: "No text available (internal errror)"

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

not being a deep expert on the Twincat, but maybe there is no text available in the locale you request (should fall back to default language). The message text is a localized text.

If UaExpert can display correctly, the server is probably doing fine. You could use the Wireshark and look into the package when send over the wire. Check if the text is still present when coming from the server.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

frizzle

Post by frizzle »

[none]

frizzle

Post by frizzle »

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
I have checked the packages with wireshark... The message is contained in the protocol in the exact same place as the functioning one. The locale information is there aswell (A change of the language tag did not help unfortunately).

Picture 1: Message created by the fireEvent method.

Picture 2: Message created by alarm variable change in TwinCAT.

So I guess the server works fine, just as you anticipated.
Does that mean the problem lies within the SDK?

Thank you again in advance and have a nice day!

Best regards

Herbert

frizzle

Post by frizzle »

Update:
When looking into the Message with the localhost IP as the sender and receiver, the "No text available (internal error)" is transmitted...

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

if the wireshark shows the "MessageText" in the publish response (send by the server), and in turn the client that is subscribed to that event and has filtered correctly is displaying the "MessageText" as, then it is all just fine.

One more difference noticed: The "working" PublishResponses have messages with locales "de-DE" and "en-US", but the locale of the "not working" response is "en". Please try setting the PreferredLocals at you Session to "en-US".
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team