Need Help in Tutorials for Server Development

Questions regarding the use of the .NET SDK 2.0 for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdknet

hiepx210

Need Help in Tutorials for Server Development

Post by hiepx210 »

Hi everyone,

I'm currently learning how to develop OPC UA Server and following the series tutorials for Server Development , now I'm stuck at Lesson3: Connecting the Nodes to Real Time Data, I cannot find the UnderlyingSystem class. Can this generated from UAModeler or custom built on my own and are there tutorials showing how to build this ? Also, if I just want to build a Server without connecting to real device, can I skip this class ?

Thank you for reading,

Look forward to your answers.

Support Team

Re: Need Help in Tutorials for Server Development

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

The class UnderlyingSystem is part of the Server Getting Started example. It is a simulation of a data source. The server lesson shows an example for getting real word data into the sdk using the NodeConfiguration and implementing the methods Read and Write. In a real world application you will not have the class UnderlyingSystem from the sdk. But you can use the concepts shown in this example.

If you want to build a server without connecting to a real device, you can skip the following lessons. However without real world data an OPC UA server will not make much sense.

There are also other options for getting real world data. Please see the DemoServer example (ExternalPushed) and the MachineDemoServer (BindModel).
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team