LocalizedData Example

Questions regarding the use of the .NET SDK 2.0 for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdknet

JohnBurr

LocalizedData Example

Post by JohnBurr »

The UaDemoServer has a LocalizedData Example documented at https://documentation.unified-automation.com/uasdknet/3.2.3/html/L3ServerTuDemoServerLocalizedData.html .

When I run the unmodified 3.2.3 example, and set General.LocaleId in UA Expert to de-DE, I see:
The Browse Name of the sample node is 2, "IDS_HELLO_WORLD"
The DisplayName and BrowseName have values of "de-DE", "Hallo Welt"
The Value is a localizedText Array containing
"en-US", "Red"
"en-US", "Green"

I noticed some caching issues with UA Expert, but this Value does not show Rot and Grün even after I user the refresh button on UA expert.
Does this work for anyone else?

Are there any exampled of localized enumerated values, such as for a MultiStateValueDiscreteType ?
If I subscribe to ValueAsText with UA Expert, should I expect the display value to change when I change the General.LocaleId ?

Thank you for any help

Support Team

Re: LocalizedData Example

Post by Support Team »

Hello John,

We just retested the LocalizedTest example and could not reproduce the issue. Please try to disconnect and connect again.

We do not have any further examples, but multi state variable types should work in the same way.

When changing the LocaliId in UaExpert settings, you need to disconnect and connect again with UaExpert. If you are implementing your own client, you can call ChangeUser instead of doing a reconnect.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team