Can't get paid license to work

Questions regarding the use of the .NET SDK 2.0 for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdknet

cosmingugoasa

Can't get paid license to work

Post by cosmingugoasa »

This is mostly a post to see if someone faced my same situation.
The license was bought a few years ago, with version 3.0.7 I think, and the app was made with .NET Framework. Now I have to redo the app, but with .NET Core 6 and I'm using a newer version (3.1.3). I've installed the SDK with the .exe, imported in visual studio and seems to work.
I than copied inside the project the paid license, run the few lines of code as per documentation, with ApplicationLicenseManager.AddProcessLicenses(...) and doesnt give any errors. But it stops working after 1 hour.

Does anyone have faced this situation ? Any tip on how to solve ? First time using this library, I'm not the one who did the first project with the older version.
Thanks!

Support Team

Re: Can't get paid license to work

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

the latest SDK mainline v3.1.x does not support the .NET6 yet. We will support the .NET6 with the next upcoming mainline v3.2.x. Please check the documentation for version reference, dependecies and requirements:
https://documentation.unified-automation.com/uasdknet/3.1.3/html/L1Overview.html#intro_supported_frameworks_policies

Independently of the above, have you tried the licensing with correct SDK version on any other of the supported .NET Frameworks or any of the supported Core Versions? You may have a different issue here, but not related particularily to .NET6.

NOTE: make sure you do not mix the eval-assemblies from our website, with the purchased-assemblies from you personal customer delivery share. There is a distict license file for each delivered package, you must use the matching pair.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

sabgenesis

Post by sabgenesis »

I have exactly the same problem as the original post. We're using .NET Framework 4.5.

I developed our OPCUA Client using version 3.1.0 evaluation version and chunks from the ConsoleClient solution provided in the package. Since then, we updated to 3.1.2 paid version.
I replaced all DLLs and deleted all references to the 3.1.0 eval version. I placed the new license in the License folder.

However I'm still getting the following message in console :
17:26.09|0001|00|0|License: ***TRIAL*** UaSdkNetBundle-3.1.0-Win32-Binary - ClientSDK enabled - ServerSDK enabled - [some license code]
I don't get why.

I know that the correct 3.1.2 License is at the right place (since when I try renaming it, it no longer finds it).
Could you please help ?

To the original poster : maybe you should look at your console messages too if you get the same thing.

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

Obviously you are using the license that is shipped within the examples of the sdk. You need to use the license file in your personal download share.
Best regards

sabgenesis

Post by sabgenesis »

If you read my message carefully, I said that I was using the correct license.
The problem is why it's expecting for a license for an old version I no longer use.
Obviously you absolutely don't want to help.

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi,
as said before you can not mix assemblies and license files of different versions and you can not mix eval- and purchased assemblies and the license files thereof. You can not use the paid license to activate an eval-assembly, the only matching pair is: "paid license and purchaed-assemblies of same version" as delivered to you in your personal download share.

NOTE: make sure you do not mix the eval-assemblies from our website, with the purchased-assemblies from you personal customer delivery share. There is a distict license file for each delivered package (a separate license.lic file, located next to the SDK package in your personal download share), you must use the matching pair.

NOTE 2: when working with Nuget Packages the VisualStudio may have cached the assemblies and still use the old ones, even though you think you have removed them. Best approach is to uninstall/delete the eval-edition completely, and only install the purchased package (plus copying the accompanying license.lic file into the application you want to license)

However, in your case it is very clear that your code still tries to load the 3.1.0 license (most probably from the evaluation-edition). This license does not match the assemblies you are using in your application.
Best regards

cosmingugoasa

Post by cosmingugoasa »

UPDATE on the situation :
I have now a paid license and the full library installed (not the eval one). If I launch the debug version of the app built with visual studio 2022, it runs more than 1h. But if launch with the "public" version of the build it doesn't, it still stops after 1h.
If I try to run the debug version on another machine, where the app will have to run as a final product, it still stops after 1 hour, even with the debug build that works more than 1h on my machine.
Any ideas ?

Thanks

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

what do you mean by "public" version and what do you meen by "debug" version ?

On the target machine where your final product is going to be installed, there (of course) is no Visual Studio installed, there is no "debug" version for end user application. Check the "deployment" chapter in the documentation on what exactly you are allowed and not allowed to put into the final setup/installer for being shipped/deployed with the final application to your end customer.

Please carefully read the license agreement, installing the SDK on end customer machine, running in debugger or creating again developer tools for downstream receiver is not permitted.
Best regards

sabgenesis

Post by sabgenesis »

Hello,

Just in case this helps anyone, I got the final answer to my problem.
I was using the licence shipped with the assemblies for the new version, but the correct license is the one in UASDK/ folder of our personal space.
They are not the same as the one with the assemblies is an evaluation one.

Regards

SH

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi,
thank you for clarifying on this. It all comes down on two simple rules:
1) don't mix eval- and purchase-edition (check Nuget Cache)
2) don't mix different versions and license (matching pair)

See my first post in this thread:
NOTE: make sure you do not mix the eval-assemblies from our website, with the purchased-assemblies from you personal customer delivery share. There is a distict license file for each delivered package, you must use the matching pair.
Best regards