Changing the IdType of Child Nodes from Guid to Integer created while instantiating the controller object

Questions regarding the use of the .NET SDK 2.0 for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdknet

Muralikrx

Changing the IdType of Child Nodes from Guid to Integer created while instantiating the controller object

Post by Muralikrx »

In my object model, I have assigned numeric (uint) nodeIds (using Server.NextUniquerId) to Controller object, and am creating the object (CreateObject(Server.DefaultRequestContext, CreateObjectSettings).
While creating the controller, all the nodes are also created. But nodes have their NodeIds in Guid. I would like the nodes also to have nodeIds in numeric (integer) format. How do i change this?

Support Team

Re: Changing the IdType of Child Nodes from Guid to Integer created while instantiating the controller object

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

You can override the method BaseNodeManager.CreateNodeId (http://documentation.unified-automation.com/uasdkdotnet/3.0.6/html/classUnifiedAutomation_1_1UaServer_1_1BaseNodeManager.html#abf3f2c6b58e79017ae81bf1edd90f40c) to set the NodeIds of the children of an instance.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team