Monitoring a connection on a custom OPCUA Server

Questions regarding the use of the .NET SDK 2.0 for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdknet

Sven

Monitoring a connection on a custom OPCUA Server

Post by Sven »

Hello everyone,

I have a (hopefully) small question.

Is there a way to monitor a connection on an custom OPCUA-Server? Similar to a Keep-Alive that is running in the client.

The background is following:
I have a custom OPCUA Server that I can sometimes not connect to. It happens only after a while of successfull connections of a client. Sometimes after hours, sometimes after days. In that case a restart of the client does not help. It still does not connect. Only after a restart of the OPCUA-Server a connection can be established. I am working on finding the problem.

But nonetheless it would be nice to have a mechanism, where I can react to the lost connection in in realtime within the server and for example send an alert to someone, write a log etc.

So far I could only find "SessionManager.SessionClosing"-Event. But depending on the Sessiontimeout it would take a long time to notice the lost connection. Too long.

Any hint would be appreciated.

Thx in advance,
Sven

Support Team

Re: Monitoring a connection on a custom OPCUA Server

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

The SessionClosing EventHandler of the SessionManager is the only provided way a server application can get informed about a disconnected client.

You can specify the MaxSessionTimeout in the SessionSettings to enforce a faster closing of the sessions.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team