Modeler API wanted

Questions regarding the use of the .NET SDK 2.0 for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdknet

h2k_toy

Modeler API wanted

Post by h2k_toy »

Is there an api for the Modeler?

Use Case
I want to translate our own meta-model description into an ua model for generating more specific code for server implementations. Another implementation could translate our Runtime System into an dynamic ua server which has node instances take from the custom model.

But for the first step i wanna generate custom code.

data flow graph
I'm currently verifying the different possibilites.

Basically i see following options:
1a. Generating UA-Model from Custom-Model
1b. Generating Custom-Model from UA Model
2a. Generating Custom Model from UA Model loaded into server's node manager
2b. GEnerating Custom Model from UA Model loaded into client's object
3. Building Server dynamically from custom model runtime.

1 is affordable, 2 would be a hack and 3 is maybe a later extension. Thus i'll concentrate on 1:

I'd prefer 1a. but i would need a API for the modeler which allows to create nodes and maybe load and generate code from a u model via .net library.

2a. work would work like: I could also use the server library to load a model and analyse the tree but as far as i see it, the type information is lost and there exist only instance nodes. Is that correct? Actually i can not use it for generating type based stuff then. I would need to generate classes for each node even if the type is the same (?)

But 1a. seems to be better solutions for various other reasons too. Of course i would need some (at least) command line interface to generate models. Since the modeler uses a binary file format it's not affordable to write this binary file.

3. Is a later extension which is not essential for now.

Is there a way to get this managed by automating the modeler either via command line interface or .net api?