OPCUA with no Certificate or Security

Questions regarding the use of the .NET SDK 2.0 for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdknet

maf63

OPCUA with no Certificate or Security

Post by maf63 »

I have a novel situation where I need to make a connection from my .Net application to an Ignition UA server without security or certificates.
Specifically, the Rockwell 5000 Logix Emulator and FactoryTalk Linx Gateway will not play nice with the Ignition UA server because of the way the FactoryTalk Linx Gateway presents it's URI.

Rockwell support has not been able to offer any solutions, so I am left with dropping all security and certificates - this does allow the Emulator to work through FactoryTalk Linx Gateway and connect to Ignition.

How do I set up the config.xml file to allow no security and not require credentials ?

Thanks

Support Team

Re: OPCUA with no Certificate or Security

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

using OPC UA without security makes not much sense. You definately shoudl "repair" the other products (or use different).

In .NET SDK you could connect to secure endpoints, but also use the "none" security endpoint, if the server present such (typically only during commissioning, but run fully secured during production). When using the simple connect, the .NET SDK automatically looks for the "best available" (the most secure) and tries that. However you could "manually" look for yourself (GetEndpoints will return list) and select the "none" secure endpoint, and use that for create session.

Instead of using the "simple connect" you should look for the "advanced connect":
https://documentation.unified-automation.com/uasdkdotnet/3.0.5/html/L3ClientTutExample26.html
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team