Step by step

Questions regarding the use of the .NET SDK 2.0 for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdknet

MarcinDl

Step by step

Post by MarcinDl »

Hello everyone,

I'm a completly beginner in OPC UA. I spent last week on reading and trying to crate OPC UA client-server but still I can not do it. Do you know or have some tutorial how to do it (Step by step). I know that here is a lot of documents, but maybe I missed something or do it wrongly.

How much time do I need to create OPC UA client-server?

Thank for helpful replies in advance.

Best regards,
Marcin

Support Team

Re:Step by step

Post by Support Team »

Hi Marcin,

The first step would be download / install / use UaExpert and OPC UA Demo Server.
This gives you a working client / server combination where you can try different OPC UA features in UaExpert by connecting to the OPC UA Demo Server.

The next step would be coding of an OPC UA client.
In the .NET client SDK you should start with Examples -> BasicClient to connect to the OPC UA Demo Server. This example shows the most important OPC UA features in a few lines of code.
The next step would be to start your own client. Additional OPC UA features can be tested with Examples -> GettingStarted. This application provides single features in dialogs and the corresponding code can be copied from there to your own application.

The next step would be coding of an OPC UA server.
In the C++ SDK you can find a step by step tutorial for developing different OPC UA features.
The .NET server SDK that will be available soon will provide the same level of step by step tutorial.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team
Best regards

diana

Post by diana »

I've followed exactly the steps mentioned by the support team but there are communication problems betwen the client and servers when client invokes read/write services. Is there a way to solve this problem?

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Every server has it's own NodeIds. When you read or write you have to use the correct NodeIds for that server. So dependend on server you use you have to set the NodeIds in the client correctly.

See:
http://www.unified-automation.com/forum ... essons.htm

Best Regards,
Best regards