Browse Inverse "HasTypeDefinition" (Id 40)

Questions regarding the use of the .NET SDK 2.0 for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdknet

opcua_lst

Browse Inverse "HasTypeDefinition" (Id 40)

Post by opcua_lst »

Hello there,

I am facing a problem retrieving all objects of a certain (custom) object type from my server by browsing in inverse direction starting at the node of the object type.
I am executing sth like:

Code: Select all

bContext = new BrowseContext();
 bContext.BrowseDirection = UnifiedAutomation.UaBase.BrowseDirection.Inverse;
 bContext.ReferenceTypeId = <NodeId_of_HasTypeDefinition_Reference>;
 var browseResult = this.CurrentSession.Browse(<NodeId_of_CustomObjectType>, bContext, out cp);
The problem is: browseResult does not contain any elements.
Executing the request with ReferenceTypeId = <NodeId_of_HasSubType_Reference> returns the expected result (BaseObjectType; being super type of my custom object type).

I have tried this with my custom server and also the demo server provided by unified automation (taking the boiler type (ns=2,id=1003) instead) with the same (empty) result.
I am using .Net SDK Bundle 2.2.1 on Win 8 64bit.

Can you provide any solution to this? Does the UA server support inverse browsing starting at an object type to retrieve all objects of that type on the server?

Best Regards
Luigi

Support Team

Re: Browse Inverse "HasTypeDefinition" (Id 40)

Post by Support Team »

Hi Luigi,

In our .NET based Server the HasTypeDefinition reference is exposed unidirectional, that means only the reference from the Instance to the Type is exposed. The inverse reference does not exist.

For our .NET OPC UA Server SDK there does not exist an OPC UA method to get all instances of a type.

Best Regards
Support Team