Need: Documentation for UA Demo server for historic events

Questions regarding the use of the .NET SDK 2.0 for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdknet

stefan.roth

Need: Documentation for UA Demo server for historic events

Post by stefan.roth »

Hi,

I'm currently trying to find a way how to offer events with history. I created a storage for the events (a database) and want to use the historizing functionality by adding the access level HistoryReadOrWrite to the node in question.

I found an example within the UA Demo server project using a version of HistoryReadEvent overridden in the DemoNodeManager. Unfortunately the example is very complex in my eyes and I see no chance how to grasp the whole idea underneath. I can try to understand the code but it's a lot of guesswork how it's done and whether I have to do the same stuff for connecting my historic event source - the database.

Can you please give me a hint on how to continue or where I can find some documentation on these examples? Unfortunately the example code is not self-explanatory. I'm even not sure how to test the UA demo server with the UA expert to see how history is done.

Are there any tutorials or courses to be attended where I can learn this stuff?

Thanks a lot

Stefan

Support Team

Re: Need: Documentation for UA Demo server for historic even

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

The HistoryReadEvent example in the DemoNodeManager shows
- how the NodeData can be used to get access to some address in a DataBase
- how to use the FilterManager
- an example implementation to get historian events from a DataBase
- the usage of the continuationPoint and NumValues per node.

There is no detailed documentation of the DemoServer.

We will add a more simple example for HistoryReadEvent to the Server GettingStarted example in a future version of the SDK.

Best regards
Support Team