BadLicenseExpired Error for Evaluation SDK which was installed today only

Questions regarding the use of the .NET SDK 2.0 for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdknet

gaurav139690

BadLicenseExpired Error for Evaluation SDK which was installed today only

Post by gaurav139690 »

I am trying to evaluate UA SDK for the possibility of OPCUA usage in our commercial product.

I installed the .NET SDK (Today itself) and run the basic client app but now it is giving me “BadLicenseExpired” and I can not make it work despite clearing nuget cache and reinstalling the SDK as mentioned in the support forum.

https://forum.unified-automation.com/viewtopic.php?t=7795

As per the website , I understand that the evaluation version can be used for 3 months and it works for an hour but can be restarted.

Please help to sort out the issue as we are keen to try out your Libraries (C++ and .NET) for our commercial usage but can not purchase the license unless we have proven it out that it works in our use case.

Support Team

Re: BadLicenseExpired Error for Evaluation SDK which was installed today only

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

sounds logical to me. The Eval-Edition runs for 1 hour but you can restart, however after 3 month (of restarting every hour) you should be done with your evaluation and make decision for purchase. If you release-compile and start the exe directly (not via VS debugger) there would have been a popup messsage informing about the runtime duration.

Clearing the Nuget-Cache is only required if you mix (accidently) the eval-assemblies and the real-assemblies (which was the issue in 7795). Another possibility is that you accidently have mix license version and assembly version.

In any case the assembly must be "unloaded" after 1 hour, and must be re-loaded by the applicaton (typically stop executable and start exe again).
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team