Ua Modeler 1.2.0 "214"

Questions regarding the use of UaModeler

Moderator: uamodeler

Fips

Ua Modeler 1.2.0 "214"

Post by Fips »

Hello,

several topics I mentioned while using UAModeler Ver. 1.2.0. "214" with .net Client Server SDK

1. It seemed that .net Server model templates are not installed with this version (only client templates)
2. Adding a new model is possible but I could not find a way to delete it again ?
3. After adding a new datatype (i.e. a structured datatype) the according .cs files are generated.
But when deleting this datatype again the file .cs"Types" file is not regenerated so will have compiler errors again and you have
to fix the code yourself.
4. Select Namespaces for Treeview doesn't work. The deselected namespace remains active.
5. The generated code for a user defined enum generates non compilable code.
6. When having two namespaces and creating new subtypes the last namespace is always selected -
Suggestion : The selected models namespace is preselected in the combobox. So the danger of creating a type in the wrong namespace is reduced.

Regards

Fips

Support Team

Re: Ua Modeler 1.2.0 "214"

Post by Support Team »

Hi Fips,

Thank you for your input.

1. The .NET Server templates are not part of the current UaModeler.
2. The UaModeler GUI does not allow to remove models. You can remove a model from the project by editing the Project File (<ProjectName>.tt2pro).
3. The Types.cs file is only generated if there are user defined DataTypes in the model. If you delete all structures the file is not generated.
4. If you deselect a namespace, you can still see nodes from this namespace if these nodes are parents of nodes from "visible" namespaces. If you add an ObjectType or a VariableType, the super types and their children are visible, since the Type will also inherit the children of the super type.
5. We will fix this in the next version of the templates.
6. This is a good suggestion. We have added this feature request.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team