Custom code generation

Questions regarding the use of UaModeler

Moderator: uamodeler

EpsyLyon

Custom code generation

Post by EpsyLyon »

Hello Support Team,
Thank you for UaModeler!

My company had developed its own modeler (but, far less effective than yours) so we intent to migrate to your UaModeler.
But our Modeler has is own code generation which fits our needs and process.

I'm using UaModeler (with licence). For the moment we are not using your others products

Is there a way to add custom templates, custom code generation ?

I know that is not part of your integrated tool, but It would be nice to have this feature.

Best Regard,

Support Team

Re: Custom code generation

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

the UaModeler is indeed a great tool. It is designed to generate code for the different OPC UA SDK of Unified Automation. When purchasing SDK license, you will get one free UaModeler license to accelerate your development work (generating parts or even complete UA Server for you).

If not using within the scope of our Unified Automation SDK you can license for "XML-Export", which allows to create XML file , which in turn can be used by others (including your own code generator) as input file and generate code for your own needs (or importing directly into your OPC UA Server).

Unfortunately you can not create your own templates and integrate into UaModeler, however via XML-Export you could at least get something to feed your own code generator with.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

EpsyLyon

Re: Custom code generation

Post by EpsyLyon »

Thanks for your response.

I understand your point of view, and we have already have done some changes in order to use a "Standard modeler".
Yes, when standard nodeset are done using UaModeler xml export (licence that we are trying to expand in our company), it's quite easy to develop external/custom tools. But we are trying to have a "Single Tool" solution.

That's why i asked some informations.
Do you think that this request could be a "Feature request" and could be done some day or that we should already adapt our solution?

Thanks again for you attention/time.

Best regards.