Abstract DataTypes

Questions regarding the use of UaModeler

Moderator: uamodeler

RKM

Abstract DataTypes

Post by RKM »

Hello all,

I have a question concerning abstract DataTypes and the representation in UaModeler and the .xml. I use the current version of the UaModeler.

I have a variable with an own structure including underlying values. One of the values, called "WorkpieceDmc", uses the abstract DataType [BaseDataType]. When I model it, there is an underlying dropdown-field with the actual DataType, default it is "String".
This is confusing for me, because when I create the .xml and import it in the PLC or other modeling tools for mapping this isn't showing anywhere. You have to "Refine the abstract data type" in the "WorkpieceDmc" then, not the underlying element.

The question is: What is the reason of this underlying element in UaModeler with the dropdown-field when using an abstract DataType although it is not used?

Thank you in advance for the answer!

Greetings,

RKM

Support Team

Re: Abstract DataTypes

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

The underlying element shows the content of the field with DataType BaseDataType. There is the underlying tree element to be able to specify the concrete type of the BaseDataType while still having the information about the DataType of field at the same time.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team