New UA modeler and 'Organizes' reference

Questions regarding the use of UaModeler

Moderator: uamodeler

francine

New UA modeler and 'Organizes' reference

Post by francine »

Hello,

The 'Organizes' reference has a wired behavior :

I create a group named MyPolledGroup that is a child of a myNewNamespace.GroupSet folder
I create a device named MyPolledDevice that is a child of a DI.DeviceSet folder (that is imported in my project)

Code: Select all

Objects
|
-- GroupSet
      |
      -- MyPolledGroup

Objects
|
-- DeviceSet
      |
      -- MyPolledDevice

I want this :

Objects
|
-- GroupSet
      |
       -- MyPolledGroup
                | Organizes
                 -- MyPolledDevice
Under MyPolledGroup, I try to add a reference named 'Organizes' and select the 'MyPolledDevice'.

After saving : The UA modeler adds "MyPolledDevice" in the 'Children' of 'MyPolledGroup' as a new Object and removes the 'Organizes' reference from the 'References' tab.

I have this :

Objects
|
-- GroupSet
      |
       -- MyPolledGroup
                | HasComponent
                 -- MyPolledDevice
=> So what should I do ?

Best Regards,
Francine

Support Team

Re:New UA modeler and 'Organizes' reference

Post by Support Team »

Hello Francine,

We could not reproduce the behaviour you described.
If you add MyPolledDevice to the DeviceSet using the ReferenceType HasComponent and add the Organizes Reference from MyPolledGroup to MyPolledDevice, then the reference can still be seen in the 'References' tab.
But if you add MyPolledDevice to the DeviceSet using the ReferenceType Organizes and add the reference, the new reference "moves" from the 'References' tab to the 'Children' tab. This behaviour is expected, since MyPolledDevice is not referenced by a Aggregates (or subtype) reference. But the ReferenceTypes are still Organizes.

Kind Regards,
Support Team
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

francine

Post by francine »

Hello,

I solve my problem :
I correct my xml file
I add it as an existing xml project

but I never understand why I was having this kind of side-effect ?

Regards,
Francine

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello francine,

The Children Tab of the UaModeler contains the elements that are referenced by the parent with a hierarchical reference AND there is a "HasModelParent" relationship between the parent and the element. That means that the parent is the "owner" of the children.

An exception of this rule are nodes that do not have a "ModelParent", e.g. nodes that are only referenced by Organizes references. These nodes are added to the Children tab by the UaModeler to enable an easy way of editing the nodes. Otherwise you would have to select the node directly to edit its attributes.
One would expect that the node, that added the Organizes reference to the element first, is the parent of the element, but the UaModeler does not save the information about the node, that was adding the Organizes reference first. These information is not available in XML documents described by the schema of the OPC foundation anyway.

For summary:
In your scenario the reference to the node is only displayed at another place of the document, but the ReferenceType does not change from Organizes to another hierarchical ReferenceType.

Kind Regards,
Support Team
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team