Concurrent work on model

Questions regarding the use of UaModeler

Moderator: uamodeler

stroebi

Concurrent work on model

Post by stroebi »

Hallo,

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to concurrently work on a model, but i can't find a way to merge the results.

What I considered:

- just merge the .ua-project file on binary level -> led me to a broken project file
- import one project file into the other one by using the function "Add Existing Model" -> Error message "Cannot add already imported model"

Can somebody imagine a different solution?

Support Team

Re: Concurrent work on model

Post by Support Team »

There is no merge functionality in UaModeler to merge two models. It is intended that a model is edited by only one developer. But there are two possible solutions:
1. Export the models as XML and try to merge them with a merge tool. To avoid many merge conflicts you should specify the default NodeIds (see Set Default Starting NodeIds) for one project. But we expect that there will be merge conflicts anyway.
2. Create a new model. When you are starting to work concurently, add a new model to project. One developer should work on one model, the other developer on the other model. After work is finished you can move the nodes in UaModeler from the second model to the first one.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team