Extending model in other Namespace

Questions regarding the use of UaModeler

Moderator: uamodeler

impulze

Extending model in other Namespace

Post by impulze »

Hello, I have created a model and imported it with a specific namespace.
Then I created a subtype in a new model (another namespace) for a type within the imported model.
When creating the Code it seems to miss the NodeId of the derived BaseType:

pTypeNodeConfig->addNodeAndReference(UaNodeId(, nsSuperTypeIdx), pObjectType, OpcUaId_HasSubtype);

Manually adding the ID in front of the comma fixes the compilation. Any clue if I'm working against best practices
or if that's an issue in the generator?

Support Team

Re: Extending model in other Namespace

Post by Support Team »

You need to generate code for all of your models in one step. Please select your base model, too.
Please see the documentation.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

impulze

Post by impulze »

Yeah I've done that ever since (I'm only using one project for all my models). I remodelled everything and now it's working, not sure what went wrong.
Now when I add a GenerateEvents reference with GeneralModelChangeEvent I getproto_opc_cppd: /home/impulze/proto_opc/project_cpp/src/models/opcuacnc_cncaxislisttypebase.cpp:98: void OpcUaCnc::CncAxisListTypeBase::initialize(): Assertion `addStatus.isGood()' failed.
during startup.
The status is BadNodeIdUnknown which is caused by the following method call:
addStatus = m_pNodeConfig->addUaReference(this->nodeId(), OpcUaId_GeneralModelChangeEventType, OpcUaId_GeneratesEvent);

Adding the GeneralModelChangeEvent to other types in the model seems to work. Any way to debug this?

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

The GeneralModelChangeEventType nodes are not added by default. Please update your NodeManager implementation class:

Code: Select all

#include "opcua_basemodelchangeeventtypedata.h"

Code: Select all

UaStatus NodeManager<NamespaceName>::afterStartUp()
{
    OpcUa::GeneralModelChangeEventTypeData::createTypes();
    // The address space is created by the base class
    UaStatus ret = NodeManager<NamespaceName>Base::afterStartUp();
    // ...
Best regards

impulze

Post by impulze »

Sadly this doesn't solve the issue. I created a minimal test example that triggers the assertion:
1.) Create Test1ObjectType (derived from BaseObjectType) and add a GeneratesEvents reference to a GeneralModelChangeEvent Target
2.) Generate code, add NodeManager to server, runs fine
3.) Create a Test2ObjectType (derived from BaseObjectType) with a child (HasComponent) Test1Object with a Test1ObjectType TypeDefinition.
4.) Generate code, running fails with said assertion (even when adding the createTypes call in either NodeManager or NodeManagerBase)

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Thank you for detailed description. We will fix the issue in the next version of the templates.
Best regards

impulze

Post by impulze »

You're welcome. Is there a current workaround that I could use?

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

you can only delete the GeneratesEvent reference in the model and add the reference in code. Please add the reference in the implementation file of your type (i.e. in file <Type>.cpp and not <Type>Base.cpp). When generating code again the implementation files are not overwritten by default.

Best Regards
Support Team

impulze

Post by impulze »

I doesn't seem to make a difference if I put it in the Base cpp or Implementation cpp file.
Is my assumption right, that I have to add a GeneratesEvent reference to the Type and to the instances?
The assertion doesn't fail when adding the reference to the type.
If I'm following the code right the assertion fails with this->nodeId() because the previous function is adding the nodeId to the manager and hence makes it visible (no more BadeNodeId).
Do I have to add the reference to the function call creating the instance instead of in the instance itself? Or is it sufficient to add the reference to the type?