Adding alarms and events

Questions regarding the use of UaModeler

Moderator: uamodeler

scalfee

Adding alarms and events

Post by scalfee »

I am trying to use uamodeler and xmlimport to build my application nodes in the server. Variables seem to work very well.

I haven't been able to figure out how to add an event and an alarm to my machine in the modeler?

Is it possible?

Thanks, Steve

Support Team

Re: Adding alarms and events

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

You can add a GeneratesEvent Reference from your machine type to the EventType. This indicates that instances of your machine type may be the source of an Event of the specified type or one of its subtypes.
GeneratesEvent References are optional, i.e. Objects may generate Events of an EventType that is not exposed by its ObjectType.

You can add Alarms by creating a child where the TypeDefinition is an AlarmType.

Best regards
Support Team

scalfee

Post by scalfee »

You can add a GeneratesEvent Reference from your machine type to the EventType. This indicates that instances of your machine type may be the source of an Event of the specified type or one of its subtypes.
GeneratesEvent References are optional, i.e. Objects may generate Events of an EventType that is not exposed by its ObjectType.
Do I have to create a machine type? Can't I just use baseobjecttype for my created machine?

It looks like I can create an event in UAModeler either in my machine, creating a reference type and a variable or for the variable which will be the source of the event. What is the recommended connection?
You can add Alarms by creating a child where the TypeDefinition is an AlarmType.
I have not been able to find AlarmType? Where is it in the types hierarchy?

And finally, what is the difference between an event and an alarm?

Thanks, Steve

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

Events represent specific transient occurrences. System configuration changes and system errors are examples of Events. Event Notifications report the occurrence of an Event. "Normal" events are not directly visible in the OPC UA AddressSpace.

The Alarm and Condition model extends the OPC UA base Event model by defining various Event
Types based on the BaseEventType.
Instances of Alarm and Condition Types may be optionally exposed in the AddressSpace in order to
allow direct access to the state of an Alarm or Condition.
You can find alarm types at BaseEventType -> ConditionType -> AcknowledgeableConditionType -> AlarmConditionType.

The UaModeler forum is not the right place for a detailed explaination about alams and events.
There webinars available at http://www.unified-automation.com/downl ... inars.html. These webinars also include examples about the usage of Alarms.

Best regards
Support Team

nemesis

Post by nemesis »

Hi,

Can anyone explain how the event areas and event sources can be created to create the AddressSpace in OPC UA AC server dynamically? I need to simulate the creation of Condition events from a client to push change of state so that subscribers to those event and alarms can be notified of these notifications.

Thanks.

Support Team

Post by Support Team »