Adding mandatory variables

Questions regarding the use of UaModeler

Moderator: uamodeler

ahjulsta

Adding mandatory variables

Post by ahjulsta »

The following scenario: I have created a LevelMeasurement (ObjectType) with a Level Variable of type AnalogItem. I create an instance of this measurement, and EURange appears as it is mandatory in AnalogItem.

Now, I change LevelMeasurement so that EngineeringUnits is mandatory. How can I add this (now required) child to the level measurment instance?

A related comment, the congruency check provides the numeric id of the node with problems, but there is no simple feature to locate the culprit in the information model tree, or am I missing something?

Support Team

Re: Adding mandatory variables

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

What version of UaModeler do you use. We tested with the latest version 1.3.1 and everything is working as expected.
To find a node by a NodeId you can switch to the graphics view and search for a node with Ctrl+F. See UaModeler Help: GUI -> Find Nodes

Best regards
Support Team

ahjulsta

Re: Adding mandatory variables

Post by ahjulsta »

I am using 1.3.1. If a add a new instance after updating the type, this new instance gets all the mandatory children. However, the previously generated instances still have the old set. I guess there might be a rationale for this behaviour, but I still need a way to add the mandatory properties.

BTW, as for search, I now discovered I can search for "<namespaceid>:<numericid>" in the search field. That finds me the node I want.

Best regards,
Åsmund Hjulstad.