How To Modify Organization (which is really the namespace)

Questions regarding the use of UaModeler

Moderator: uamodeler

bradleyward

How To Modify Organization (which is really the namespace)

Post by bradleyward »

I am a newbie with the UaModeler, and I have been going through the HowTo Create a New Project With a Structured Data Type tutorial.

I typed in my company name, not reading the fine print that this was really the .Net namespace. So my generated code will not compile, because it has a statement like this in the source code:

namespace MyCompanyName, Inc..MyCompanyName

I have been looking all over and cannot seem to find any place to edit this "Organization" field. I even opened each of the files that were not binary (like the *.tt2pro file) to see if I could hand edit it that way, but no luck.

Please help.

Comment: Personally I consider this to be a bug in UaModeler. If it is well known enough that this Organization field on the New Model dialog that the tech writers can document that it should match a specified regex pattern, then why is the software not coded to enforce that pattern itself?

Thanks,

Brad

Support Team

Re: How To Modify Organization (which is really the namespac

Post by Support Team »

Hello Brad,

You can call Project -> Project Settings... to change Namespaces.

Regarding your comment: The wizard for creating new models is dynamic. The information about the fields that have to be filled is stored in the templates and not in the UaModeler itself. The information about the regex pattern is only available as test at the moment. But we will add this as feature request.

Best regards
Support Team

bradleyward

Re: How To Modify Organization (which is really the namespac

Post by bradleyward »

Thanks for that information. And for the record and to be a good online citizen, there was some level of stupidity on my part. I had tried a number of different things, but still had the compile error due to the badly formatted C# namespace statement. But then, not long after making this post on the forum, I realized that along the way I had moved my Visual Studio test project and had not updated the output path of UaModeler. So the C# code that was being generated DID get fixed... I was just not looking at the correct output files anymore!

My bad, for sure.

Thanks for the prompt reply.