Short descriptions on how to use the SDK, the build environment and giving hints on some tricky issues.
- Hero Member
- Posts: 2666
- Joined: 18 Mar 2011, 15:09
Compiling SDK for vxWorks
Preparing the WindRiver Workbench for remote connection
Preparing the Debug configurations
- Start the WindRiver Workbench and locate the "Remote Systems" tab on the lower left side of the Workbench.
- Do a right click in this tab and select under "New Connection" the option "VxWorks 6.x->Wind River VxWorks 6.x Target Server Connection".
- Set the option "Backend" to wdbrpc and add the correct remote address to the "Target name or address".
- In the section "Kernel image" select the Kernel file via browsing and check the option "Bypass checksum comparison" (this is only for avoiding errors).
- Click on Finish and connect to the remote system.
- Locate the "Bug-symbol" on the upper symbole panel of the Workbench and click on the arrow to select the option "Debug Configurations".
- Select the "VxWorks Kernel Task" and double click on it - a new entry point will be generated.
- In the "General" section on the right side add the starting entry point (typically the main function of the SDK Demo Server).
- Check the "Download" tab. There should be no entry.
- Check the "Projects to Build" tab. There should be nothing selected.
- All other options are default. Click "Apply".
- Start Debugging - Find errors - Fix them