UaExpert - List types by namespace

Suggestions for new features in our products, improvements and requirements ...

Moderator: Support Team

nils.lande

UaExpert - List types by namespace

Post by nils.lande »

In UA Expert the types are listed in a tree where the base class is the root, I think it would be much more logical to order the tree with the namespace at the root and then the children would be the types in that namespace.

Support Team

Re: UaExpert - List types by namespace

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

even tough I would disaggree with the generality of your statement :

"much more logical to order the tree with the namespace"

I would agree with the advantage of having a different view on the information model for a different purpose. You can highlight (bold) the nodes of one certain selectable namespace, but you still can see where they come from and where derived from, and the hierarchy has nothing to do with the namespace. However there might be use cases where you may want to see the nodes of one single namespace only.

Note: UaExpert already has a "XML-Export" Plugin, which can browse the complete Server and store the nodes found in one XML file per each namespace as they belong to. This is quite handy if you wand to replicate or offline use the information model of one certain server and one certain namespace (even though you would need all namespaces as there might be dependencies among them).
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team