Read of a variable with complex value data type

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

smueller

Read of a variable with complex value data type

Post by smueller »

Hello,

I have defined my own complex Datatype as structure with the UA Modeler and instantiated in my Ansi c server with some values. This works fine so far. But when I use the UaExpert, I cannot display the value of the Instance of this complex datatype. I have used wireshark to see the read request and response. The transmitted information are correct, but are not shown by the UAExpert. It seems that the UAExpert does not request the type dictionary from the server for encoding the value, although you can browse the type dictionary with the correct value in UAExpert.
Is there a way that the UAExpert can show the value of owned defined DataType? And if yes, what do I have to do? If not, there are any plans to support this feature in the future? Does one of the Unified Automation client SDK support this feature? How are the encoding handled in these client SDKs?

Best regards,
smueller

Support Team

Re: Read of a variable with complex value data type

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

the current version of UaExpert (V1.2.2) does not support displaying generic complex types. This feature is on our agenda, but we cannot tell at this moment when it will be included in UaExpert or the client SDK.

In the meantime you could use the complex type code generated by the UaModeler on the client side to decode the received complex type. For a generic solution you will have to wait for the feature being implemented in the client SDK.

Best regards,
Unified Automation Support Team