No arguments prompt in curstom server

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

StefanoN

No arguments prompt in curstom server

Post by StefanoN »

Hello
I'm developing an OCPUA server built via UA model compiler and run by a C# application that uses the open SDK by the OPC Foundation.

The issue I'm having is that when I explore my server with UAExpert, the Methods I implemented don't show the input and output arguments prompts.

This only happens for Methods that I have implemented with Model Compiler, not for "standard" Methods implemented by the C# library, see screenshot below.

While I ask the developers of the model compiler and .NET SDK I thought I could ask here to understand why this is happening on the UAExpert side. Hopefully this is not an inappropriate request given the involvement of non-UA tools.

What does UAExpert check for, that results in no arguments prompt when connecting to my server?

Thanks

StefanoN

Re: No arguments prompt in curstom server

Post by StefanoN »

Solved, see below:
https://github.com/OPCFoundation/UA-ModelCompiler/issues/12.

Support Team

Re: No arguments prompt in curstom server

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

the OPC Foundation ModelCompiler is not designed to create highly efficient code. For that reason you may need to write quite alot code yourself. You will experience this in more depth when comming down to custom structured (complex) arguments.

For that reason we have created UaModeler which is - in combination with Unified Automation .NET SDK - technically mature to solve the more complex tasks of implementing more sophisticated information models. This is one of the major difference (and advantage) of using our commercial toolkit.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team