subscription update issue

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

francesco.zambon

subscription update issue

Post by francesco.zambon »

Good morning,

I am reporting an anomaly that I have found in the latest version of UAExpert (uaexpert-bin-win64-x86_64-ucrt-v1.7.0.526).

The value field of subscriptions for variables that contain an array of objects sometimes does not update.
Reading the current value of the variable (by reloading the "Attributes" window) works correctly.

I'm unable to consistently reproduce the bug, even when I follow the same steps.

In the previous version of UAExpert (uaexpert-bin-win32-x86-vs2008sp1-v1.6.3-448), the update of subscriptions works correctly.

I would appreciate it if you could investigate this issue.
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Francesco

Support Team

Re: subscription update issue

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

the "array of objects" that stopps changing in DA View, contains which objects?

Remember, when changing forth and back to the same value (within the scanrate period) there will be no "change" detected in the server, hence no notification.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

francesco.zambon

Post by francesco.zambon »

Hi,

The variable DataType is BaseDataType.

I'm trying again with the latest client version.

I noticed that the Source timeStamp attribute is updated, but the Value is still empty. See screenshot.

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

please use latest UaExpert because there were issues in GUI with nested BaseTypes within matrix and multidimensional arrays, that have been resolved.

Furthermore you can check the monitoring mode of the DA-View, and change fro "value-change-only" to the "value-or-timestamp-change" notification. The Atribute Window on the richt side of UaExpert is doung an "explicite Read" on all the attributes, but the DA-View is doing Subscription.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team