PubSub UDP Multicast

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

cavfre

PubSub UDP Multicast

Post by cavfre »

Hello,

I write because I'm currently working with OPC UA PubSub and I have two real device that are exchanging data (they are working correctly) on an UDP multicast (address: opc.udp://239.0.0.1:4840) that I set up in the two program with Automation Studio by B&R. However when I try to connect to the same address using the PubSub Config Plugin (I installed the last version), it seems that I cannot connect and read the data that is exchanged on that port (the configuration of the writerdataset is from a file since it seems that if I connect to the B&R server only the client/server is present and I cannot load the pub/sub configuration).
I wanted to ask if someone had the same problem and how it was solved or how to manage to connect to a udp multicast from uaexpert.

Support Team

Re: PubSub UDP Multicast

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

does it say anything in the LOG-Window of UaExpert when trying to load the configuration?
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

cavfre

Post by cavfre »

Hi again,
Thank you for your fast replay.

If I connect to the IP/TCP of the devices (and then they are added on the server list), when I try to load the configuration from server it says "no configuration object available" / "not able to load configuration (BadNotFound)", that's why I was trying to find a way to connect to the UDP address without connecting to the server (if it is possible).

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

no that is not possible. The PubSub runs over UDP, however for configuration (with UA client) you must access the server via UA Endpoint over UA-TCP. Even more, you need to have secured connection and you must authenticate as high priviledged user in order to access the object (configuration file object) and change (upload/download) the PubSub configuration.

When getting the BadNotFound, either the Object does not exist, or you do not have sufficient rights to see it.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team