Arrays display issue

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

uaMaks

Arrays display issue

Post by uaMaks »

Hello everyone,

We are implementing OPC UA server based on Matrikon stack and have encountered strange behaviour in UAExpert.
If we declare an array of structures then we don't see anything in the Edit Value window

But for an array of simple type it shows all child elements.

And in the Attributes window the value can be expanded and we see all child elements.

One doubt is why the value type is Matrix and not Array.
The Nodeset part for this variable looks ok in my opinion, but maybe we missed something.

Code: Select all

<UAVariable NodeId="ns=1;s=/myStrArr" BrowseName="1:myStrArr" WriteMask="0" DataType="ns=1;i=11" ValueRank="1" ArrayDimensions="4" AccessLevel="3" MinimumSamplingInterval="-1.000000" Historizing="0">
        <DisplayName>myStrArr</DisplayName>
        <References>
            <Reference ReferenceType="i=40" IsForward="true">ns=1;i=11</Reference>
            <Reference ReferenceType="ns=2;i=4004" IsForward="false">ns=1;i=20</Reference>
            <Reference ReferenceType="i=47" IsForward="false">ns=1;i=18</Reference>
            <Reference ReferenceType="i=47" IsForward="true">ns=1;s=/myStrArr/0</Reference>
            <Reference ReferenceType="i=47" IsForward="true">ns=1;s=/myStrArr/1</Reference>
            <Reference ReferenceType="i=47" IsForward="true">ns=1;s=/myStrArr/2</Reference>
            <Reference ReferenceType="i=47" IsForward="true">ns=1;s=/myStrArr/3</Reference>
        </References>
    </UAVariable>
I don't know if this problem only related to UAExpert or not, but I don't know any other client with such functionality.
Maybe someone can point out the misconfiguration or give good advice on how to properly declare arrays.

Support Team

Re: Arrays display issue

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

which version of UaExpert are you using?
there have been some glitches in the widgets for editing/writing to structures.
Please use UaExpert v1.7.0 or higher, and give it a test again.

From your description it should be an array of structures, but not an "one-dimensional" matrix. To make live easier (also for other clients who may want to read this), you should use array instead of matrix. However, both of course should be displayed in UaExpert.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

uaMaks

Re: Arrays display issue

Post by uaMaks »

Thank you.
UaExpert update helped.