Attributes from Data Access View

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

Elias

Attributes from Data Access View

Post by Elias »

Hi

I'd like to copy the NodeId of a node I added to the data access view. Even better would be to be able to link the attributes view to the selected node in the data access view.
But as far as I can see it, I can only archive to copy the nodeid from the attributes based on a search and click in the address space and not the data access view.

Support Team

Re: Attributes from Data Access View

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

the Attribute-window is "linked" to the browse tree AddressSpace-window, whenever you select (click) a node in the tree, the attribute window is updated. The attribute window is performing an expensive "Read" operation on all the attributes of the particular selected node.

The NodeID is a tripple of information (index, type, id) you need all three information, not just the ID to fully qualify a NodeID.

In DA View you can copy the content from each field by setting curser (click) into it and just ctrl+c.
That said, UaExpert is quite handy when copying NodeID or any other information.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

Elias

Post by Elias »

Well yes, you pretty much only confirmed what I said. But I disagree in terms of handyness.
Lets look at this attributes-image

I usually need to copy the line I pointed to (The 3 values you mentioned).
So how do I get this value from DA View? It doesn't have this column to copy from

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

ok I agree, the functionality is there, but you would like to have it in a certain concatinated string format.
If you copy from DA View, you will get a "|" separated string, litterally the same information, but different format.

In your case the only option is to copy from the Attributes Window.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

Elias

Post by Elias »

Thats why I'm wishing to be able to update the Attributes window according to my selection in the Data Access View, not only from AddressSpace.

I also find it quite strange to select something in Data Access View, but Atttributes View still refers to something else in AddressSpace.