Error Code while editing value of structured Variable

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

sschwinn

Error Code while editing value of structured Variable

Post by sschwinn »

Hello all,
I am currently working on generic structured data types. At the moment I have problems with editing the value of variables using the UaExpert.

Current state:
I have various variables with different structured data types. These data types consist solely of the OPC UA base data types. Everything was modeled with UaModeler. The OPC UA Server is able to properly encode/decode the data and to transmit the OPC UA Type descriptions. The values of the variables are displayed correctly in the 'attributes' tab. I can write to and read from these variables with two other OPC UA clients, both successfully with any data type I defined.

Problem:
When I try to edit the value by double clicking on the Value field , a window with the following error opens:
Internal Error UaGenericStructureValue::setGenericValue returned BadTypeMismatch
The error appears with any value of the variables with the new data types. It does not matter if the whole value is edited or a sub field.
Considerung the successfull usage of the other OPC UA Clients and WireShark, I am not sure what I am missing to use UaExpert for these data types. The data types themselves are very simple. They only contain only two or three fields of the OPC UA base data types, like strings or integers.

Now the question:
Am I missing a minor detail, which results in UaExpert not properly working?

If you need any further Informations, I am more than happy to help.

Greetings,
Sebastian Schwinn

Support Team

Re: Error Code while editing value of structured Variable

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

the UaExpert is enabled to understand the XML Type Dictionary as well as the Type Definition Attribute for discribing generic "custom" types and structures. However what we (of course) try to avoid is doing a Read before every Write, because that would be a performance nightmare, including unpredictale timing. By default the UaExpert "investigates" all the type information on first connect with the server.

Can you please send your XML Nodeset to our support channel using the form on our website. Please exactly state the version of UaExpert you are using and the steps to reproduce.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team