UaExpert doesn't show AddIns

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

baldo

UaExpert doesn't show AddIns

Post by baldo »

Good afternoon,

I have an ObjectType named WwMachineType
that has an AddIn (HasAddIn reference) as instance declaration named Identification according to OPC 40001-1 for Machinery

I have designed and compiled this with the UaModeler and integrated into my server application but when I try to check if it worked on UaExpert the add-ins are not showed in the Address space view, neither in the ObjectType nor in the instances (see picture below).

However the references are actually in place since in the Reference view there are HasAddIn references to the instances/instance declaration.

Support Team

Re: UaExpert doesn't show AddIns

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

please check out the difference between hierachical and non-hierachical references in OPC UA base specification.

A TreeView control would typically follow hierachical references by its nature. Same is the UaExpert, and probably most other UA Clients doing. The ReferenceWindow inside UaExpert allows discovering different types of references even non-hierachical.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

baldo

Post by baldo »

That's reasonable, however looks like HasAddIn is a Hierarchical Reference, isn't it?

And I just connected with UaExpert to an example server of another companion specification that is actually exposing the Identification Add-in as we do, and it appears in their TreeView... I really don't understand what is going on.

baldo

Post by baldo »

I found out that we are using Opc.Ua.NodeSet2.ua v.1.04.5 but the machinery.xml/ua that was given to us requires the v.1.04.7.
Could this explain the strange behaviour?

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

the UaExpert is a generic OPC UA client, it has no dependency / relation to any NodeSet file nor any version thereof. The UaExpert can show all types in the "Address Space"-Window (tree), if properly connected by hierachical references. All other (non-hierarchical) references will be shown in the "Reference"-Window.

If something you expect in your model is "not shown" in the UaExpert, it is most likely an error in the model or in the type system of that server you are looking at (implementation error).
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

yongzhi0113

Post by yongzhi0113 »

I have the same problem
After inspection, this is because Opc.Ua.NodeSet2.xml used by OPCUA SERVER is older and HasAddIn is not defined, so there are some problems inside OPCUA SERVER.

You can use UaExpert to check whether the HasAddIn reference exists.
(ReferenceTypes→References→HierarchicalReferences→HasChild→Aggregates→HasComponent→HasAddIn)