Acquiring older versions of UaExpert

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

serhatcolak

Acquiring older versions of UaExpert

Post by serhatcolak »

Hello all,

Short question :) : Currently, I am working on uaexpert linux variant. I was able to install and use it successfully on debian 9. Now, I switched to CentOs 7 and was unable to install, version 1.5.0. I might have missed it, but I wanted to consult senior users and maybe developers of the tool, Is it possible for me to use an older version like 1.4.1/1.4.4? If so, where may I find/download it?

A bit detail: We were working on specific Linux distros and currently investigating possible different linux distros. Obviously, CentOs is one of the candidates. When I try to install the AppImage, I'm presented with errors like following:

./UaExpert-1.5.0-319-x86_64.AppImage: /libstdc++.so.6: version 'CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by UaExpert...AppImage)

Similar error is generated for, GLIBCXX_3.4.20/21 and CXXABI_1.3.9. Further investigation shown me that, libstdc++ have a higher version libstdc++.so.6.21. My stable centos environment has libstdc++.so.6.19 and CXXABI_1.3.7 is supported in this, not the later ones. Since the library is the libstdc, I am reluctant to manually update it :) If I do so, probably my linux will "cry" and may broke down beyond repair.

It seems there are two possible alternatives for me, some how find a UaExpert version which uses CXXABI_1.3.7 and lower, or find the uaexperts source codes and compile them on my local machine(as a static lib maybe? )

Thanks for your advices,
Regards,
s.

Support Team

Re: Acquiring older versions of UaExpert

Post by Support Team »

Hello serhatcolak,

please download the current appimage of UaExpert from our homepage at https://www.unified-automation.com/down ... -v150.html. We updated the appimage to work with earlier versions of CentOS 7.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team